Wednesday, September 8, 2010

fashion scence

its been a while since my last blog ..been on the road in ft worth tx ..


I've been at Murry Kustom Rods in ft Worth Tx . heath Murry is the shop owner .he has 3 man guys and a helper Enrico ( the idiot sevant ) we were trying to finish up the "country Gold " build ..a 53 merc we started in april of last year . great car and the owner is a great guy ,too .... back to the shop ..Murry's ....wow ! nice big shop . great for a 28 yr old chassis builder . murry has some good loooking cars going on in the shop ,too ..he seems to be a well balanced builder ..we have had talks about being the troy trepaino ..hahaha good luck , i said . but ,who knows .it could happened .the rite customers , quality and cars being pushed out the door .it could happen . he will have to kick back on the gnarly burn outs in front of the shop and the little black socks that he wears ( i find it hard to look into his eyes and take he hip hop apperal seriously when he talks hot rod ) ..and everything could fall into place ..

which really leads me to the questions in hand ..when where and why is are fashion so fucked up ? i love the show MadMen its the perfect era in time before nam and when men were mwn and women were women .a grey suit was simi causual wear .not a golf shirt . shorts were worn at the pool and on vaction ..and men would never wear short socks EVER ! i remember as kid ..my dad wore an Ely button up and nice jeans and boots to work everyday . ( and he worked at the GM factory ) i swear YO mtv raps ruined are sence of style ..that shit coming on at 4pm . i never watched it ..but ,i know my friends were starting dress hip hop and skate WTF ? we were punk rock skaters ..now its nwa and 40's .. no more FEAR and cheap beer .

me and my style ..or lack of ,i guess .i dressed and acted like a total jackass in the early 90's but ,i was a teenager . i had long hair ,baggy jeans ,shell tops and a golf shirt ( sounds ra tarded hu ? ) the day it all changed ..i was at a party and all my friends were doing blow ( if you know me .you know i hate drugs . like loose your house ,steal from your parents drugs ) the next day .i cut my hair off changed my way of dress and got into the rocka billy scene ( it was more my speed ,Americana , jeans ,boots and tight white shirts ) i have been the same since , 20 yrs + .. you'll see me in flip flops ..yea ,hell yea you will ..i wear boots all day .. (my feet need to breath ,stupid ) oh yea ,and some silly expensive glasses ( i just do that cause ,i can ..hahaha ) . but ,its my dads same ely shirts ,jeans and boots ever day and all day ..i build cars for a living and paint .so my clothes are fucked my noon ....paint ,metal and burn holes through out my etair . and thats how it should be .

no ,baggy shorts ,short socks and shirt that doubles as a dress ..no dyed hair and a dirty hat with a bandana and gauged out ears ..thats sillyness . if it was 1963 and you walked into Smokey Yuniks shop and applied for a job ..he'd kick youout for being a homeless guy . or give you a sandwich ..hahaha .

all this fashoin sence has made me re-evaluate my style .no more silly glasses .and i will buy some classic suits .i need some dress boots and more upper class causal wear . if you demand respect .you have to look the part ,too .

No comments:

Post a Comment